November 15, 2007

Learning

Today I told my boss that I didn't actually know how to do one of the jobs he always assigns me at the beginning (now middle) of the month. He asked how I had been doing it in the past and I said that I was just doing something that looked right hoping he wouldn't run into any problems with my numbers. He just kinda shook his head and said that I was starting to remind him of himself. And then he went on to lecture me about enjoying my youth while I had the chance by taking off and traveling and doing good on my school work.

Then I asked if I could have a week off in December.
He knew he had dug himself in a hole.
He said yes.

3 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

That's awesome!! You are one smart lady to ask off when you did! :-) How could he say no?!
Love ya!
Jella

The Self Cottage said...

brilliant...you are...I am so glad i found this blog...you make me laugh! Congrats on being off!
love, ava and lauren

kim said...

Oh my gosh, i just stumbled upon your blog and can i just say, you made me laugh so hard?!?!? I've enjoyed all your posts; your sense of humor is seriously too hilarious!!! Can't wait for more!