September 2, 2008

The Day the World Stood Still...Then Celebrated

So, I decided to not return to my job that is not really a job. It's pretty awesome to think that after two and a half years of really not working, I won't be working anymore...at least not there. I am currently on the hunt. I hate new jobs. I wish that I could just find one where I didn't have to really learn anything. I also would love to just hang out all day and talk to people. I got some god advice from a friend today. With her advice I think I can hit 50% of my goals. I am going to apply at Starbucks. I know that it will be a heck of a lot to learn, but at least it's coffee...I like coffee. And working there would mean I would get free coffee. We'll see.
So where does that leave me, I wonder...should I change the name of my blog? Or just the tag line? Who knows?

Whatev.

4 comments:

Brittany Stigall said...

random post.. i hope you get a job at starbucks!! that would be awesome!

Janelle and Ella said...

Working at starbucks seems like it would be so fun. I've always wanted to work there because of that. I have a cousin who started working at a Starbucks in Kansas and then recently transferred to one in Manhattan, NY and now he gets to serve movie stars coffee all day. Oh the possibilities. :-)

Julie and Alberto Robles said...

How fun! Starbucks is a happy place to be. 3 pumps of syrup for a tall, 4 for grande, and 5 for venti. Once you learn, you'll never forget. Espresso drink formulas took the place of my college physics class data in my brain. Espresso is definitely a more practical brain tenant than the physics of matter and motion.

Team Oetgen said...

Hi Jojo! I love that you have a blog! Just more opportunity to see into the daily live of Vonda Jo!! So, I'm totally excited about your interest of employment at Starbucks! I'd go to starbucks everyday if you were my barista!! I found out I'm diabetic so I get to order like a 10 million word long java, which is ridiculous, but what I have to do to get a sugar free coffee! Have I mentioned I miss ya tons? I'll be home October 3rd weekend! Puuuhhhleaaasseee tell me you'll be in town! That would be super awesome!! Have a great week! Oh, and we have a blog too (not my doing....way too high tech) but alas, we have one!! it's http://www.jesseandnea.blogspot.com. I'd feel loved because I don't post much stuff but I'd be more inclined if I knew some of my cats read it!! Take care!! Lots and lots of love, Nea!!